RECIPE: JJ's BBQ Chicken
Your next summer BBQ is taken care of, with our BBQ Box. With summer weather tentatively making an appearance in our daily life, our minds now wander towards weekends and warm nights filled with family, friends, and a classic Australian BBQ. With an exceptional lineup of ingredients in our BBQ Box, our Executive Kitchen Team has a created a few recipes to make sure your next backyard soiree is nothing short of delicious.
While putting together the components of our BBQ Gift Box, our Executive Kitchen Team has created a recipe using our Dry Meat Rub and Smoked Vinegar assist in taking your next al-fresco dinner party to another level.
- 1x whole chicken (1.2kg)
- Olive Oil
- 30g JJ's low and slow BBQ dry rub
- Jar of BBQ Smoked Vinegar
- Pat-down your chicken with kitchen paper and massage one tablespoon of olive oil all over your chicken.
- Take a generous portion of JJ's Low and Slow BBQ Dry Rub and then, using your hands again, massage the rub thoroughly into your chicken.
- Cover your chicken, place in the fridge and leave to marinade for at least 12 hours (ideally overnight).
- Take your chicken out of the oven and heat your BBQ/Oven or Smoker to 160C.
- Allow to cook for 45 minutes, and then baste (with either a spray or brush) your chicken generously (inside and out) with the Smoked Vinegar.
- Cook for a further 30 min. Spritzing/basting every 10 minutes with the Smoked Vinegar
- Remove your chicken from the oven, and cover lightly with aluminium foil.
- Rest for 30 - 45 minutes.
- Serve with a fresh coleslaw and some grilled vegetables.