It's that wonderful/arduous time of the year where the festivities mount, those unexpected guests keep popping in and the impromptu celebrations that keep popping off - all will require popping corks throughout the season. Here we have a case for any holiday eventuality!
Six wines picked from the Vue de monde Cellar, by two of Australia's best Sommeliers, Dorian Guillon and Carlos Simoes Santos. The perfect gift for you or for them.
Box #1 includes*:
- 2012 Yering Station Yarrabank Cuvee: An expression of Chardonnay (42%) and Pinot Noir (58%) in this golden sparkling. Notes of fresh pears and lemon curd, followed by warmer tones of nougat and freshly milled wheat accompany delicate red fruits, rose petal and burnt candied citrus.
- 2015 Albarino Serra de Estrella: A Spanish wine with notes of citrus, apple, and a salty tongue. A great wine that is ideal for entertaining at the beginning of your evening.
- 2016 VDM Bass Philip Chardonnay: A true Australian, full-bodied chardonnay that goes brilliantly with fish, particularly Barramundi or the first charred leeks of the season.
- 2015 Warramate Shiraz: Notes of ripe, black fruits (currants and plums) with a touch of pepper. A great medium-bodied Shiraz that goes extremely well with lamb.
- 2016 Gaia Agiorgitiko: Hints of black fruits and an abundance of dark chocolate flavor this medium to full-bodied wine. A barbecued, slightly charred eye-fillet goes beautifully with the Gaia.
- NV Chambers Rutherglen Muscat: A world-class Australian sweet wine that is sweet, rich, and sticky. The perfect accompaniment to your Christmas pudding.