The perfect case for the bold entertainer, Cellar Box #2 is a colourful collection that will surprise and delight both you and your guests. For those wicked who are granted no rest this holiday season, this selection emulates the perfect holiday instead, and an especially perfect selection for the tumultuous Victorian weather that Summer now brings (hot, cold, wet, windy, hot, cold, dry etc. etc.).
Cellar Box #2 includes*:
- NV Arras Elite Sparkling: The perfect sparkling wine to toast with at the beginning or end of your evening... Biscuity and elegant on the palate, and a traditional blend of pinot noir and chardonnay it's an extremely versatile drop. Brilliant with cheese.
- 2015 Mount Mary Reflexion Sauvignon Blanc: A hot night should be celebrated not scolded, and this sauvignon blanc is excellent with a cold green salad for such an occasion. Think herbal, gooseberries, asparagus, nettles, orchid fruits and a tart flavour with a touch of spice.
- 2015 Benanti Carricante Etna Bianco: Ripe Tree fruits (think apple, pear, and white peach) pair with a high minerality and volcanic notes indicative of terroir. At Vue de monde we recommend this wine with our hand-picked crab or marron head, so shellfish and grilled tiger prawns are the perfect partners for enjoying this wine at home.
- 2015 Chateau Baron de Malleret Haut-Medoc: Medium bodied, juicy black fruits, leather and a touch of green capsicum, the Chateau de Malleret is a pretty special wine and is exceptionally paired with lamb.
- 2016 Bindi Vue de Monde Pinot Noir: Black cherry and raspberry fruits are prevalent on the nose and this wine tastes ripe and juicy with a lovely richness and concentration - think savoury spices and supple tannins. A nice red to drink today or to cellarfor a couple of years.
- 2014 Mas Amiel Maur: A Sweet, fortified wine from the South of France that will leave a lasting impression with its intense mix of black fruits and dark chocolate. Ideal when served chilled.